BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

20080707

Silly Jen, Tricks Are For Kids!

Some time ago, I use to do stupid things to get a boy's attention. When I began middle school, I became kinda boy crazy. I always would have a crush on someone, sometimes on more than one person, even if I had a boyfriend at the same time. You know that feeling, heart pounds, you dress your best around him, you spray perfume all over, you stare at him when he isn't looking, and when you walk by, you have that one moment of shared glances, that you make sure to smile. I did have friends that were boys, good ol' pals, and then I had a few that I couldn't get the courage to even talk to. Can you believe it? I didn't have the guts?
Well one guy in particular, was Richard. He was sort of shy himself, very tall, well built guy, he was cool, was a upperclassman, he reminded me of a James Dean kind, he was a manly man. His locker wasn't far from mine, and I took advantage of that. I had my own set of tricks I would perform to get him to notice me. I did, the drop everything in front of his locker bit, it worked. I would accidentally bump into him and say sorry. I would ask him questions about school activties and stuff, that I already knew the answer to. And I would walk by numerous times where he worked in the mall with my friends.
One of my best friends, Shawnessy, would join me in the quest and I would in hers. One day, we planned to ride our bikes all the way to his house on a bike trail. His house was a few houses down from the corner of a major road. We figured what time he would be getting off work and be heading home, and that maybe we can get him to stop by. To do this, my friend Shawnessy knew how to get a bike chain off and on. Our plan was to take off one of the chains and pretend we were helpless when he drove by in his Dodge Dakota. BUT, we had some problems. First of all, people kept on stopping by and offered to help us. At that time, he drove right by and parked in his driveway. So we thought we would get the chain on, and ride right in front of his house and have it off again, but he decided to get in his truck and go somewhere! So he drove away, we were really discouraged. So we went back to the corner and then he came back. So we tried again, the chain was off and he didn't notice us. He drove away again, and we decided to quit. But we couldn't get the chain back on! His buddy Phil stopped by and we took his help and when he was going to give us a ride home, Richard had came back to his house again! We totally failed, was it possiable that he did notice us? I guess, but even then I didn't learn.

0 comments: