BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

20080705

Cats! and More Cats! Everywhere!


I love cats and I always have, since I was a little girl. I was just a little obsessed with them, like my daughters are today. When I tell you how I got my first kitten, you will certainly think I am a tad bit crazy and maybe you will decide to just stay away from me, but remember I was just a sweet little girl....
When I was a little girl in kindergarten, I was a little over confident, scheming, and cute. I was a brat, even my Aunt admits that being the first grand child, I was spoiled, and I was wild. I was bad enough that when my parents moved me, in that year to another school, I was so terrible in class, that they were forced to drive me back to my old one. That is the story about what I thought, was getting kicked out of school, but that is another story. Anyways, to get to the facts, my best friend Kim lived a street away and her cat had a litter of kittens. She had several in the litter but only one white one, in which I just had to have. Everyday I would come to see them, and I made it clear that I wanted that white one.
One day, they were not home, and I ran to the back of the house to look in the basement window. I could barely see them! So I went to the front door, and went inside! At first, I was greeted by their Irish Settler that was much larger than I, but I wasn't afraid. I thought, since no one was there, why not try to play some music on the record player. They had a big fancy stereo and I couldn't figure out how to get the automatic arm to work, so I may have broke it, I can't really remember if I did. I did make the mistake of leaving the class door open, letting them know I touched it. Then I proceeded down stairs, to snatch my kitten! After I started running home, I noticed a mob of people yelling at me, and they began to follow me home. I will never forget how scared I was, but I thought if I just get there, I would be safe somehow. When I got in the house, I went to my mom in the kitchen, and showed her my kitten. She said we properly couldn't keep it. I told her that Kim gave it to me. Then the door bell rang! I looked out the window, and it was a whole bunch of people on the lawn! I begged my mom not to answer it! I even told her that nobody was there! So then I ran and hid in my room with the kitten, holding it tightly. After that, I got to keep it,but I couldn't stay the night with Kim anymore, and then we moved out of the neighborhood! The kitten eventually got sick and died anyways, properly from being too young or from me not letting it go.
I have three adult cats now and two kittens. I am finally sick of them. Every day of my life, since back then, I have owned a cat or two. My kids have too. My daughter Sabrina is a little too crazy about them. She collects everything about cats, she loves house cats as well as wild cats. She acts like a cat, and when she grows up, she wants to be a cat lady. She always wants to be some sort of cat for Halloween but I try to stir her away from it, it gets old every year, just being a cat. And now I am trying to find a home for my kittens, and you would think it was the end of the world! But we can't have five cats!!!! So somehow I am going to try to find a solution for it. Wish me luck!!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jennie! Great blog! you are a great story teller!