BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

20080710

Curtains For ME?

Okay, don't you love it when you try something to get your way, and prevail? I get great satisfaction from this. Whether it's from winning a game of UNO, passing all the levels of a video game or even if it's just a argument.
Today, I went to Lowes', (I love that store, I wish I could have a shopping spree there, because it's so cool!) to buy some screws. For anyone who knows me, I never buy just one thing, I am always looking for bargins. So, I went pass the curtain area and I saw that the valance that I wanted was still there, but it's display had a sticker on it for $10.98. Two weeks ago I noticed this, but I controlled myself and didn't get it. So today, I saw that there were only a few left. The package sticker says $29.98, but I was determined to find out for sure. (Yeah, can you believe that one valance, similar to the one in the picture, can cost that much?) So I grabbed two of them, went to check out, and of course it wasn't on sale. So she called for a price check, and to make a long story shorter, three people later, I stood my ground, and got a $40.00 discount!
At first I called my mom, who hates it when I buy curtains, she was proud of me. Then I called Jason, who also hates it when I buy curtains, he just said okay. Then after I called them I was like, "Yes! this is my way of sticking it to the Man!'' But am I?
There is a moral to be learned...it's true, if you keep on trying, you may prevail at some point. I just wish that my same determination to win a game, would be used for good, rather than evil. If I really tried to lose weight, would I succeed? If I really tried to budget my money better, would I be rich? If I tried to follow all the commandments, the Profits, and the Holy Ghost, etc., would I be different? The answer is yes and no, I could succeed if I tried, but maybe it would back fire some how. I am not sure, maybe I was wrong to insist on having the discount because some stupid worker had put the wrong clearance sticker on the display. BUT, it was there for at least two weeks and how come the department manager did not notice? Well, I am sure if you work for Lowes', what I did isn't a good thing, because it all trickles down to them somehow. Everything trickles down to the consumer some how. In these times, companies are trying to ride out the bad times and people are getting more desperate, greedy, and poor.
I think just about everyone can agree, on what I am saying except for a elect few like my dentist. My dentist is a cranky, old, and opinionated man, who felt it was his duty to talk about the problem with America, while working on Clark's teeth. He said crap like there is nothing wrong with the economy, that we aren't in a recession, that people aren't losing jobs and that there were plenty...he went on and on! I just tried to let it go, even if I felt like giving him my two cents worth! I didn't, because he was the sort of guy that I couldn't possibly win over no matter what. I guess that is why I have a blog, because I can say what I want. It's freedom of speech, and we can agree or agree to disagree.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

If the price on the curtain was a discounted price the store has to honor it. I love it when I can find a good sale price. Being in the retail business you don't stay very long if you don't honor the price within reason of course.. Check out my blog and Jessie's too. jarvis6.blogspot.com, and
jessica-adayinthelife.blogspot.com/ hope you like ours. we like yours. Nicole

Shawna said...

Hey, I would have probably done the same thing. I know what you mean about those Home Stores - they are fun to shop in. Enjoy the new curtains!