BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

20080719

The River House

When I moved to a small town named Waterford, Ohio from S.L.C., I spent six grade to one month in 8th grade there, during that time. My grandpa, knew of a bargin deal on a house for us to move into, that was a civil war home, by a river. The house over looked a dirt road, then a corn field, and then the river. The home sat on a couple of wooded acres, in which our neighbors were nowhere in site! My parent's bought the home from a local bank, who said the people who lived there went missing, and nobody would consider buying it other than them. When we first saw the house, we thought it was huge! It was white, had no shutters, had a full length covered porch, and had it's own private driveway that lead to the back of the home, where it had a shed, a chicken coup, and a small barn.
I went with my uncle, and my dad to investigate the home. My grandpa said we were going to need the horse trailer to throw away all of their stuff. When I walked inside, it stunk so badly! The first room we came into was the kitchen. The refrigerator was full of rotten stuff and the cupboards had giant rat holes chewed into them. The table had what it appeared to be, rotten breakfast food, still on the plates, as if they just got up from the table and left! In the living room, it was painted an ugly colored dark rose, there was a dead Christmas tree leaning in the corner, some old furniture and rat poop all over the wooden floors. The dining room and den where much the same, and when I went up the creaky old narrow stairs, at the top was a little door, in which I was afraid to open.
The top floor had three bedroom areas, all with no closets. The first small room,was a baby's room, painted yellow. It had baby's things and a crib inside. The other small room was surrounded by four windows (three of them were floor length), close together, in which it later became my room. It had wall paper and some of it was torn, and in that torn area, the was a nesting of warps. There was a small closet area, that had a window but no door, it was just filled with trash. The other side of the top floor was a room the size of half the house. It had a black and white checked floor, trash, beds, and a red brick chimney from the fireplace below. The worst thing, besides the rat poop, feathers, and trash, was the outline of fur, perfectly shaped like a dark grey cat. But the freaky thing was, there were no bones or blood. Just fur! It had to be scraped off the floor!
After we cleaned it up, I painted my room a sky blue color and I had no choice but to have my bed next to the windows. At night, we discovered that it would be pitched black outside, except for this annoying bright light that was located outside, on the top of the side of the house, where one of my windows were. Because of it, all sorts of bugs would be on that window and even bats could be seen. ( we had a bright idea to get a fishing pole and try to hook one of those bats) If it wasn't pitch black outside, it would be extremely foggy! So bad, when we are on the porch, you can't see any of the large trees we had. I have a scary fog story, and more about the house, in which I know it was haunted but that is for a future posting! To be Continued....

(The river house is simlar to this one, but was on a larger scale, it had a fireplace on left side, and had more windows. Other than that, it sures looks much the same.)

1 comments:

Nicole said...

Hey Jennie: If you would like to start a pond I would be glad to help. I have sooooo many plants that I would love to share. Just let me know.