BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

20081128

Bah- humbug! To You and You and You!



We put our tree up this year On Wednesday. We put on lights up a week before. Does it makes sense that we got a live tree or endure the amount of the electricity bill next month? It does not make any sense at all. Or does it?

I had a few moments in the past couple weeks where I was thinking, I wish that we could skip Christmas this year...It did not help when my dad and Dria were saying they didn't want anything for Christmas this year, nor are they going to put a stupid tree, or waste their power putting up lights. All that talk just made me mad. I didn't want to hear it. So then I thought, maybe they are right. Maybe we should skip all that extra stuff and find our selves a Charlie Brown Christmas tree. But I changed my mind. ( remember I like to rebel?) I just refuse to let them be right, I refuse to feel sorry for ourselves and ruin my kid's Christmas. So I wanted to skip Thanksgiving, I decorated my blog and I set my alarm clock to Christmas music when I woke up. My kids got so excited to see the lights outside and when we got the tree, I let them put whatever ball they wanted up, instead of what I wanted. I am also going to make a effort to mail off Christmas cards, which I haven't done in a long time. I am even making the kids watch Christmas shows on TV. I want to surround my self with Christmas, is that so bad?

I took the kids, reluctantly to see Santa arrive at the mall, like we go every year. Three of them know the truth about Santa but it's the point to get into the Christmas spirit. It was a sad arrival, he was late, it was cold, and only half of the people came as they did last year. I thought it was depressing, no one waved but me, Sabrina, and another mom! He was looking at the people and they weren't excited at all. I told the kids to not make him feel bad, wave and smile! So Sabrina started jumping up and screaming SANTA, SANTA! He had a huge smile when he saw her, and when he came over, he gave her a big hug.

I know some people have gone overboard with Christmas, and have you ever wondered why? Some people even keep Nativity's and trees up all year round! Do you think they do it because they are lazy? It's because it the spirit of Christmas they wish they could feel all of the time. It has become something more that just of Savior's birth, it has become a time where people should give a crap about other people. A time to be with and think about family. A time where kid's can be hopeful, and dream happy dreams. The lights are a symbolism of the Christmas spirit, and when I see them, it makes me happy. I think it would be easy to be down with Christmas when things look bleak, when loved ones are gone, when your in financial peril, or even if your sick. That is when you have to fight back, and let a little bit of Christmas in your heart.... It can do a body good, so pass it on! Don't let the news ruin it for you, there is always going to be bad people and bad things happen to good people. And sometimes we will run into a Scrooge or two, that will try to damper our day. So get revenge! Tell them Merry Christmas and just smile!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're AWESOME Jennie!! :)
Candice