BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

20081105

Burnt OUT!



When you read my title, please understand that I am not burnt out on life, or any other of my responsibilities, just about election related stuff! I am sure like a lot of people, has been so caught up in the experience that now that it is over, you want it to be over. I can compare it to things like, when you invite someone over for dinner and then after you have cleaned, prepared, cooked, and entertained, you feel like, enough is enough, goodnight! But then they won't leave, they linger behind, still wanting to have the same conversation. I know it's strange, for me to be saying all this, because I have been looking forward to a win for so long, after being lifted up and inspired twice before and only to be knocked out once, and conned another time before that. I should be happy and thrilled!

I am sort of...I am hoping now, not be let down, and I am hoping for Obama to be a Superman, to do all he promises, and to prove to all those who doubted him, to never doubt him again. Does that ask for the impossible? I know I am not the only one who feels this way. I know how Republicans feel about losing. (it's about time, lol) They think this country is going down the toilet, they think they rather now live in Canada, and it's a sure sign of the Apocalypse! The country has already gone down the toilet, and now, we have hired a plumper, hopefully he can do the job.

I worked the polls yesterday, and was so thrilled to do so, even though I was sick, and was working with one, particular annoying person, who caused some grief during the most busiest time of the day. It's a long story, but without problems, it would have been completely boring! Before the election, I attended a meeting the week before, and they gave us more worries to think about on our big day, than before. The county sheriff came in and briefed us on about some threats that had been received, regarding the election. Besides dealing with obsessive party fans, our lives will be in danger? Sweeping for bombs, and possibly expecting crazy people to try to vote with guns, that sort of thing, hardly makes the pay worth it. Why is race make people so crazy, I hope now, people will move on about that, and just people!

So my other comparison about how I feel, is what someone might feel on Christmas morning. After months of waiting, talking about, singing the songs, and dreaming about want you want, it's finally here, and you wake up, and you got what you wanted. Just about the day after Christmas (I have to control myself from doing it on the night of), I want to put everything away, and I am then totally sick of all that is Christmas! I don't want to hear the tunes, or see the decor any more, I just want to everything to be clean, and I am ready for the new year. That is how I feel.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ME TOO! I cant stand all these emails Im getting about Obama! They just dont quit! Sore losers...
I'm ready to pack it all up and put it away for another 4.

Kristie said...

I will just say that I am glad that it is over. I won't say any more, because I don't want to say something that might cause offense. Politics is one of those subjects that not everyone can talk about.