BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

20081122

I Survived Twilight!

I wasn't going to do this, run home a write about Twilight, but then thought why not? I stayed up until 1am looking for reviews or information on it. I couldn't find much but the reviews I read were either really hateful or extremely positive, there was no in between.

I am going to miss all the hype, it was fun to talk about something that everyone seemed to love with your friends. I felt that it brought us closer, the books I mean. I haven't quite been this excited about something besides the election, with a pack of people like this before on this level. I am not one to be gitty, jump up and down, to scream, or rock back in forth in my seat like Jennie L.. I sat between Shawna and Meg, there were 15 of us in all. Shawna was super excited, I wasn't sure if she was able to drive to the theatre safely! I told myself I wasn't going to clap, but when roller coaster screen came up, people clapped and I found myself doing it out of instinct. (how corny, I thought) I hope the girl's didn't think I was a party pooper because I was unable to show my emotions that way. Trust me, I would be calm if I won the lottery, and I have been when ever Christmas came. I am very excited in my own way.

I am not going to tear down this movie, I believed it served it's purpose. To visually give us Edward, Bella, Jacob and the others That is what we wanted to see right? It wasn't the best made movie ever, but I liked it. I would like to see someone do better. It wasn't exactly the easiest book to bring to film, since it was so unbelievable. People are going to gripe, I say, "SHUT UP!" Give me a break, give them a break! I have to admit though, there were some really funny moments, well more like looks, like Billy driving by, Edward in class, Edward sucking out the venom, and of course Bella going cross eyed while dying! I am trying to resist telling Jason all about it! I want to go with him when he goes, I just wish it wasn't so expensive! I just have to see this movie again to believe what I saw.

I thought Rob Pattinson did a good job acting, because people believe he is really Edward. In real life, he is such a dork! His hair, well, it's awful, he can't keep his hands out of it. When he was on Ellen, he touched his hair and it stuck up the whole time in a funky way. I feel for the kid, his 15 mins. of fame has turned into more. He doesn't know what to do. I just hope he handles it well, I hope he doesn't turn to drugs or alcohol to overcome this insanity! Poor guy! He has young girls, gay men, hot chicks his age, and old ladies throwing themselves at him! That would be freaky, if I were in his shoes. He is too nice, he puts up with a lot.

Do you want to know what was my favorite part? The prom of course! It was basically the whole movie which I loved, though it was different from the books, I think of the movie as another companion piece to the book. I certainly hope they make the other movies, if anything, to just see the actors enter act again. After the movie we all went to dinner to a Thai restaurant, it was my first time. I am a very picky eater and so I didn't eat much, in fact the lady didn't make me pay anything because I had some white rice with a couple drips of sweet and sour sauce on it. I think we all could have talked forever, it was a conversation we could talk and talk about. I am glad the girl's had fun, and I am glad I was part of their Twilight click, it will be something to always remember. Thanks girls, and thanks to Stephanie Meyer!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you were there, Jennie! It wouldnt have been the same without you! I know you are always calm and I love that about you! It's so awesome to have different women with such diverse personalities, likes and dislikes! Anyway, I completely agree with your take on the movie. It deinfitely served its purpose! SUGAR RUSH! And I HAVE to see it again!!!!
xxx000

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun night out! :) I want to see it sometime soon! I'm not one to see movies right when they come out tho. I don't know why.... LOL!
Candice

Nicole said...

Hi Jennie, Was Ian supposed to spend the night at your house or something? I did not know anything about it. let me know. Nicole

SumGreater said...

I know I was spazzing! I was so excited! And honestly, I'm not even that wacky over the books...I just LOVE girl time! I bet Lori would've been better off sitting by you. I kept talking when I shouldn't have...like when Edward would jump far and it reminded me of the Bionic Woman because it was so low budget...
I almost died when he said, "Hold on tight, spider monkey!" So funny. I say it all the time now.
I'm so glad you came. I think it's not a click...it's a new, strange bond. =) Now we all need something new to get excited about together! Any ideas?

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.