BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

20081117

Jason, I told you so!

It is no secret that Jason was once a terrible driver! In 1992, on April fool's day, he caused a four car accident on the way to school! He wasn't paying attention and he rear ended his shop teacher, which rear ended someone else and also cause someone to rear end him! He was okay, the air bag was deployed but the car was a total loss.

Then one day while driving his brother Dan's Jeep, he backed out too quickly and got hit by oncoming traffic. Then another time, we were in his brother Kevin's car, when he got too close to someone in front of us on a hill. I told him, why are you so flippin close, back off! He said he was fine. But the light changed, and the car in front of us, had no choice but to hit the front bumper, when they took their foot off the brake. I told him, I told you so!

When I met Jason he had the biggest, ugliest 70's style brown striped van, with a huge dent in the side. I guess his parent's felt it would be safer for him to drive. When I moved away to WY, after he had graduated in UT, I still had my senior year to finish. He would come and visit me up there, while driving his red hard top Jeep. I was deathly afraid of his driving when I rode with him in that. When it snowed, it was even worse! One day, on the way up my parent's windy road, he took a turn too quickly on the ice. I told him to slow down! But we ended up over the curve on someones lawn, and then I told him so! I should have known that this was a warning sign!

He moved up to WY in January and worked for my dad at his shop. He lived in the apartment above, rent free. My dad always gave him a hard time about his driving mishaps, and swore that he would never ride with him! Until one day, I heard that Jay was coming over for dinner, and that he was going to give my dad a ride. At that it time, the streets were snow covered, and it was dark out as usual. My mom begun to get frustrated because they were late! And I walked outside to wait for them. Then I heard the sirens, and then rushed towards them, to look over the hill, down to where one of the curvy roads which lead to our street. There was a accident. And I quickly got in the car to check it out.

When I got there, I had to get out to see beyond the emergency crews surrounding Jason's red Jeep, on it's side! The first thing I saw was my dad's feet hanging out the window! HOW? Jay was wearing his seat belt, but not my dad. They ended up being cut out of his Jeep. My dad was never going to let this one down! They ended up okay too, you would think after this, Jason would be a little more careful!

But again, there was another told you so moment! A year later, we were married and I was five months pregnant. When he decided to take the steeper icy drive way out of our apartment complex, instead of the safer one. I told him not to. He didn't listen. He got up half way up the drive, when the wheels spun out. The the right of us, was the curve, and a steep hill that led to our apartment on the bottom floor. After trying, and trying, I got scared and told him I was getting out. So I unclicked my seat belt, and suddenly at the same time, the Jeep quickly learned to the right side and slid into the corner of our building! He used super human strength to pull my body over him, so I wouldn't get hurt! The whole passenger seat was caved in! If I had wore my seat belt, who knows what would have happened to me or Erick. I did go to get checked out but I was fine. Thank goodness for insurance, and for Heavenly Father watching out for us! I wish I could find the picture I have of this accident, it was crazy! But finally after that, he started listening to me!

2 comments:

SumGreater said...

My husband would kill me if I posted about him like that. Looks like Jason's got a sense of humor as well as a terrible driving record! =)

Is that seriously your Christmas tree? Wow. Tommy's been wanting to start decorating for Christmas, but I told him we had to wait until Thanksgiving was over. How early do you start? It's pretty.

Anonymous said...

LOL! Ray's a terrible drive too! (He would argue that with me!) I think I only rode with Jason maybe once. LOL! I usually rode with Dan, or I drove. :)
Candice