BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

20080819

Welcome to Spanish Class!

I have been to a bunch of back to school nights with the kids, this is the first time that I had three different schools to get through. I of course, can not follow any set of rules. When I show up, it's either really early or late. When I arrive, I make my own parking space, en spite of the dirty looks I get from other people who chose to park far away. I had the whole clan last night, Jason opted out this time, and usually some kid has to complain about coming, and of course, Vivi's hair was not brushed. She was being really wild, and Clark and her where picking on each other.
The first place was Lee High, yes it's true, my little boy is going to high school with some of these, tall and hairy manboys, gangster dressing wanna be rappers, well endowed and showing it all off (by wearing clothes from the small children's section)females, kids that wish they were Goth but have normal parents, tan barbie doll guys and girls who wear surfing clothes but properly never been surfing, and of course I have seen some stoners there, who properly will skip the first day of school. Erick to me, still looks like a middle schooler. We tried to get down the busy hallways, and occasionally, I would have to wait and remind Vivi to stay with me. Because of her, I don't think any teacher will forget us. Erick goes into "I am too cool to be here or talk to you mode," which is hard to deal with. He didn't want to talk to the nurse, in which we had to, and he didn't want to wait for his schedule, nor look for his locker, or find his classes, or talk to his teachers, it was ridiculous! I told myself I wasn't going to be so uncool, but like other parent's I saw there, I had the schedule in my hand and we went and did the stuff he didn't want to do. He told the nurse that he wanted everyone to think he was normal in class. So I had to talk to all of his teachers about it too.
The school had some kind of meet the teacher program in which I was not following there and we went to all his classes at the wrong time. The first teacher, was actually his last teacher he would have, honors Science. He wouldn't go in the classroom, neither would this cute girl, whose mom pushed her in and I soon made Erick follow. Viv was already in the crowded classroom of course and when the teacher asked if there were any questions, she blurted out that Erick has diabetes! He wanted to run away. I got after Vivi, and Erick wouldn't talk to the teacher, so she talked to me about it. Then we went to his Success class, she was very nice pregnant lady, then to his honors History, where the the man looked like a short Lex Luther according to Vivi, and he had to of been amped up on caffeine or something. He said he had a kid like Erick last year, told him to leave the class, when ever he felt like, so he didn't make a scene of it. Hmm, should I have said something about that statement?
Then finally, we went to his Spanish class. The teacher, was a nice man from Venezuela, he wanted to us to come in and sit down, so we did. Erick had only two potential classmates in there, and their moms. I did something I shouldn't have, I sat down in one of the small wooden desks and when the meeting was over, well....I...got up and had the desk stuck around my mid section, and when I tried quickly to sit back down, I got unstuck and it fell on the floor on it's side! I was so embarrassed! But I couldn't help but laugh, the teacher said it had happened to him before, and I was surprised the other kids weren't laughing when they walked by. I however, made to where, Erick may be known as the kid whose mom got stuck in a desk! How embarrassing! But it was really funny, it brought tears to my eyes, laughing about it. We left right after that to the kids school. It was crowded too, I just wanted to get home. We quickly went and met Clark's and Vivi's teachers and left. I didn't want to make another scene again. So that is how our night went, out of all the back to school nights I have been too, none have been this rememberable.

4 comments:

dubby said...

Vivi said she couldn't brush her hair because it was too hot.

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Aaaahhh, yes, the good ol' days. No band? Band is the most fun class of all, for both the student and the parents! Get Debbie to tell you about the band trip to Florida on the chartered Greyhound bus that had the overflowing toilet for seven days!

Kristie said...

The kids back to school night does sound eventful. Emma's wasn't like that at all. We got there towards the end (of course), and there weren't so many parents and kids there, but there are still a lot. Kevin wanted to leave as soon as we got there. I didn't make the night optional for him, I made him go. One thing that was funny about Emma's school, is they have a Harry Potter room. It has all things Harry Potter, including movie posters, the sorting hat, the monster book (that bites), owls (fake), and a snitch hanging from the ceiling. Pretty cool. By the way, the poop story.... was, ummm gross. So sorry that happened. And let me tell you, I am glad our ward just recently got reassigned to a different building. Because after I read your story, I was so grossed out, that I didn't want to do back to that building! Yuck! and double Yuck! That is pretty funny that your parents hosed him off and then wrapped him in a trash bag... priceless and smart.

Lagos Family said...

Jennie- gosh ok just so you know,I am in a comp lab here at JMU cause my class ended early, you mentioned that I needed to read your blog for a good laugh.. THANK YOU!! I needed it. Yes how embarrassing, but yes how funny. I am glad you could laugh it off and make such an unforgettable memory for Erick's first day in his high school.