BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

20080804

Lazy Days of Summer

Who made up the phrase, the lazy days of summer? I know what it means, I am living in complete boredom....


My poor kids are bored too, they feel as though they have to be entertained every moment. I feel the same way too, it gets bad when you are looking forward to going to cheerleading practice. I hate watching cheerleading practice too, not enough excitement! I will miss going to Clark's football practice this year, because he didn't want to do it again. He was so good at it too! But I can't force him, I just have to except that I have nerds for kids instead of sport stars.

Maybe not all is lost, Clark wants to try wrestling this year, so we will see how that goes. It's not like it is on TV. Jason is very excited about that prospect. He finished in the top three, for state when he was a senior. When my brother Danny wrestled in high school, Jason was assistant coach. I wish I had those practices on tape, because it was very interesting. Jason was the hands on coach, not one kid could win against him, and they all tried too. It was funny, some kids were really serious about trying to pin him, but he was too strong. One time, another high school came over to do practice together, and they all tried to get him too. He ended up breaking a kid's ribs, but he didn't get in trouble for it. He only coached for two years and then we moved. But at the county fair, there was a kid who challenged him in the boxing ring, because he wanted to get at Jason so badly. That was exciting, Jason went in and he didn't even swing towards that kid, until that kid threw a bunch of punches that were meaningless. As I can remember, I think Jason only punched him one time to knock that kid down to the mat. And then it was over! That kid was a really cocky punk too, he was out for blood. After that one fight he did, he thought it was fun, and we considered entering him in the tough man contest that came to town, once a year. But we went, and we saw how bloody some of the guys got and decided not too. I of course,was all for it!

School starts soon and then I would be bored even more, unless I try to get a job. I can't stay in bed like I used to, my back gets all sore, and my heels hurt when I walk, after I get up. There is cleaning always to do, school supplies to get together, blogs to improve, and I could walk to the gym, but I am just too lazy...

5 comments:

Kristie said...

I know what you mean... my kids get bored from being inside all the time. Since it is so hot here, I don't like to go outside that much. Especially since I am pregnant! So we stay inside a lot. They have toys to play with, a indoor slide to play on, but they don't always play with their toys. They want to watch movies! School starts next week and I am not ready! Emma needs uniforms, since she is going to a charter school (but I am hoping I can buy some used ones, so we don't have to pay full price, because they are expensive, probably cost $80-$100 for one weeks worth of clothes for the summer, not counting winter clothes!. And I still need to buy school school supplies, a lunch box/ tote and food for lunches. I have all this stuff to do and I still just too lazy to do it. I will have to do it sometime before next week!
Good luck with deciding on whether to get a job or not. I have thought about getting a job, but with a new baby coming, it is not practical. You could always get a part time job at a place you find interesting. Ü

Shawna said...

I have been so lazy this summer. I am kind of looking forward to school starting (kind of not too!), just so we can get back into a routine. We do much better with a schedule.

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Nice pictures! Nice slide show, and especially nice background. Where is it?

Shawna said...

Hey Jennie I tagged you! Check out my blog!

dubby said...

the background picture is really lovely.