BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

20080826

The Game of Life...



When ever I play games, I play to win...It doesn't matter what kind of game, I like to win! And sometimes gloat about it...Sometimes, I even try to cheat, but I usually I get caught! But seriously, I will do what ever it takes to win. So if life is a game, where there can be more than one winner, will I do what it takes to win?

With me, there has been times I have lost a game, and it though I don't show it, it really bugs me! Why do I lose? Maybe because I am too anxious to hurry it up, sometimes the cheating thing doesn't work, and when I have won or it looks like I am winning, I get really cocky! Before Chicken Little, I used to jump up and sing, "I am the Champion", in which everyone around me, gets really annoyed! This is something I plan on changing, I want to win fairly, and I want to be modest about it, but I enjoy rubbing it in my fellow players face so much, especially when it's family. Does this mean I am who I am, and I can't change?

Jason and Erick have talks coming up, and I decided to help add my two cents worth, at the request of the husband. I can write pages in 20 mins, to his two weeks worth of two pages. He has been working on it, but he is representing the family, and I can't let him tell all that personal stuff about us. Yes, there is more to me than hauntings, goofiness, adventure, and gross stories. I realize that I haven't shared anything about faith on my blog yet, which I do have, but lately it has been tested. In the game of life, I may sway either way, I am not sure if I will win this round. But I try, but I don't try hard enough.

When I was 15, living in Alaska, a Patriarch came to town from Anchorage. I had no idea what one was. He was making the rounds, giving people in our two wards, blessings. When I heard, I wanted one too. Will he predict my future? Oh no, I thought, maybe he could see right through me and see the terrible things I have done. He came to my home in the middle of the day, with only my mother there, with his wife, who came to be a witness and record it. I had no idea what he was going to say, he was a nice, tall, old man, he didn't know me at all. I remember trying to think positively, trying to send good vibes through brain power. As he was speaking, I did feel the spirit, and then I knew it was a good thing.

My blessing ended up being a couple pages long, is that normal? Should it have been longer? I won't tell you everything, just the thing that if I were faithful, a man would seek me that would offer a temple marriage. I was also blessed with children, and that our home would be a place where others would want to be, because of it's spirit there. It also said I would never have a cause to grieve, and that I would be blessed with good health if I continued to follow the path of righteousness. It also let me know that evil would be a presence in my life. Just great, I think some of it is true now, but I am not the missionary it said I would be, yet. And I got sealed in the temple after I got married. Also, I have been plagued with health issues. So does this mean if I did what I always should have, would I be better off now? Maybe, but if I had the faith, I know I would have been better off now. Can I change this for the better?

Jason has a blessing too, and he has more pages than I. He has great and wonderful things in it, which I am afraid I may have screwed it up for him. His mother always said she never heard a blessing like his, especially compared to his eleven older siblings. Every couple of years, I would get them out and compare them, and the weirdest thing would happen! I can swear on a stack of scriptures, that his has changed every time!!! At first, when we first compared them, I wrote down all of the similarities and differences in our blessings to see if they fit together. I was a little superstitious that maybe we were wrong for each other, because he had so much more faith than I. So I wrapped the blessing together with the papers I wrote on and stored it. Later on, and even to this day, they are different each time. Why? My only guess is, because we were younger, I didn't understand the language in it as I do today. Or just maybe, it magically did change!

I know this post is long, and some may not have the time to read it, but to me life is a game, and if it was Monopoly, the Lord is the almighty Banker and maker of the game. I am determined to not lose this time, and I am going to try and try to get my act together and have some faith, that things would get better. How are you playing the game?

2 comments:

dubby said...

Now I need to get mine out.

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Mine and Dubby's was recorded, and we remembered certain passages spoken for our own and each others, and to our surprise, the written version had been edited greatly and didn't have a lot of stuff we remembered in the 'live' version.

Long posts don't matter. Reminds me of that game I used to play, "mine is longer than yours". ;-) I've got some pretty long ones on mine, too. Touch typing helps.