BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

20081003

The Wild Man, Dance, and the Ambulance...



I will try to keep this as short as possible, but this is a interesting true story, I promise... When I was in high school, I once helped with putting on a spook house there, the night of a Halloween dance. I was all charged up, very excited. I helped set it up, we decorated a few rooms, which people had to travel though, via guide, leading the way. I was a guide of course, but that was kind of boring so I came up with something to include me in the spooking too.


The room was near the end, it was dark and was made to look like we were outside in a park somewhere. In the middle of the room, was a big wooden bridge, and a hut over in the corner. That part wasn't my idea, my idea was to lead people into the area, where I would stop on the bridge, and a person, a "wild man" would come and grab me and carry me away, while I pretended to be scared to death, screaming... My friend Don was perfect for the part, he was a ex-body builder, muscle clad guy, who looked absolutely crazy after I painted black stripes all over his body. The other part that made him seem crazy was the fact that he would be there, squatting in the corner hut, with a bowl of actual pig guts! (scraps from a butcher) This wasn't my idea either, thank goodness I wore a long sleeved sweater. He would make grunting noises, while squishing the meat between his fingers, pretending to eat it. Then when people came in, they would see this site, he would throw some pieces towards them, and me. When he got up, people didn't know if they should run, scream, or throw up! It worked like a charm, I would try to hide behind people, and he would snatch me up and carry me off over his shoulder. It was really funny when my mom and siblings came in! He really went after them, my little brother almost knocked down the place running away!

When we were done with the event, we went to join the costume dance in the near by commons area, already in progress. I get a little carried away when I dance. In the fourth song that I danced to, the song "Oh Yeah", was playing. That is a very long song! I felt something strange in my left knee! I fell to the ground, Scott, whom I was dancing with thought I fell. I swear it seemed like a minute before he helped me up. All I knew was that I felt a pop, and my left knee cap had moved to the left of my leg! When I was on the ground, I looked at it, and pushed it back, without a second thought. It was soooo soooo painful to move! My friends helped me move to the side wall, where I sat, surrounded by my friends. I can't remember if it was a teacher or the Principle that called my mom, but she came as fast as she could. It seemed like a long time. I tried not to cry. As long as I wasn't moving I felt okay.

When my mom came, it was too painful to get in the car, even if one of my friends carried me. So for the third time at a school, I rode a ambulance to the hospital. There they tortured me by moving it all around. I ended up in a leg cast! I was sad thinking no one came to see me after I got there. Until the nurse told me a wild looking man, tried to see me, but they wouldn't let him and so he left. I don't think it was the make-up that got him turned away, but the fact that he was hardly wearing anything. That was the first time I dislocated my knee...

0 comments: