BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

20081025

Is my blog too scary for you?


I wonder why no one seems to be commenting on my blog since I changed it over to my new spooktacular page? So in question, I wonder if anyone is even reading it. Well, I care, and I don't. I love to write. I try not to seem so vain about it, but maybe someday, I can take these memories and thoughts and put them together for my kids to read someday.

As for the spooky stuff. Just because I love Halloween and scary things, doesn't mean I am evil. People are starting to get to know me and realize I really dig that kind of stuff. But to pretend that it don't exist and this world is not a scary place, is ignorance. I believe in protecting your mind from thoughts that are bad. Especially protecting your children from certain things too. But what happens when something really bad happens to them? Or they see something shocking and then they are scarred for life? I think you know what I mean. My kids know about the news, and dang it, they are going to fight if they end up kidnapped someday. And if they end up being chased by a axe murderer or get scary phone calls, they will know what to do. I am just preparing them in my own way. Also having the scriptures, prayer, and the Priesthood, will help them combat evil. Evil does exist, and if anyone thinks that it don't, they are foolish! As a parent and as a person, I combat evil every day in some kind of form. Don't we all?

I am not harping on anyone, and I apologize for making fun of anyone who doesn't like scary things. If I scare you, I am just trying to help you prepare for real scares in the future. (your heart, for example) And of course, I do think it is entertaining... It's okay, I will let you be, if you can't take it, for real. I just get frustrated when people make Halloween more evil than it is. Like for example, when people post signs on the door like, "Jesus lives here, so don't knock!" warning trick or treaters away. The schools here don't have costume parades, and most of their parties are labeled fall or harvest parties, instead of Halloween parties. Out here, in the area of so many churches, they have such a double standard. They treat Sunday like a extra Saturday, they drink at every event they can, coaches cuss at their players, they preach hate against other churches, and I can go on and on. BUT yet, some they think it is a sin to participate in Halloween? That is whacked. It reminds me of Carrie's mother, that to me is scary! (Carrie, the movie) I am surprised there isn't people out there banning and burning the Twilight books, because they are about Vampires and Werewolves. Give me a break... Okay, enough said, just thinking about this makes me miss being in Utah, just a little more.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OK- we KNOW your are Evil Ms Matthews! LOL! I AM afraid of your blog but I told you ahead of time that I wasnt going to read it in October! However, since I am commenting now must mean that I do "leaf" through it. Halloween party was great! Thanks for all of your hard work!

Anonymous said...

Hugs Jennie! I read your blog... I just haven't commented. You can move back to Utah anytime!! ;)
Candice

Kristie said...

I admit I haven't been reading it as much this month. I get a little scared. But you know that! I have also been a little busy, since I have an almost 2 week old baby boy. He is doing great. I am still trying to adjust to have FOUR kids! It is a lot of work. But that are great kids. I will most likely go back and ready your scary stories, but for now, I am a little busy. Feel free to move back to Utah any time. Ü