BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

20090228

Where's The Beef?




Yesterday, Jason, Sabrina, and I went to the Depot Grill. It was our first time there. Since I am so picky, I chose to have a cheeseburger well done. Jason tried the Bison burger. The waitress said that the Bison burger was lower in fat and had extra taste. So, I tried of piece of his, before he took a bite, and it was really good! He said it was okay. I was thinking I wanted more! (If anyone knows me, I do not try new things! Especially when I am on the verge of being a vegetarian.) But before I kept on to that idea, Jason said, "You know that this is not regular beef, it is actually Bison/Buffalo meat..." It took a minute to realize it. Then I felt sick. I couldn't eat anymore. How did I get tricked into this? The first time I had deer meat, I gagged! The smell was bad enough to knock me down. (Okay, you are wondering why am I making such a big deal? I need to get over it!)

Like I said, I do not like to try new things, it's sad that I am missing out on things. I could never do Fear Factor, or go on Survivor. And if I got lost in the woods for days, I would not eat maggots! My brother Dan is the same way, but he is far, far pickier than I. In fact, his fear factor would consist of any normal home cooked meal. Like that last thing he would eat is a cheeseburger! There was a time, I could never forget, that my dad offered $500 cash to my brother if he just simply ate a whole country fried steak. (my mom's steak was so good, especially when it was crispy) At this time, my brother was in high school, we lived at the farm, and my cousin Chad was there visiting from Utah. Danny said okay, with Chad encouraging him the whole time. I watched him to make sure he did not cheat. But he was taking forever to finish it! With each bite, he quickly washed it down with Chocolate milk. With a quarter of it left, everyone had left the table but Chad and himself. I went and sat in the TV room, bored. And it seemed like everyone else disappeared. Then it happened! He did not finish it! With just a few bites left. I could not believe what I was hearing, he was throwing up in the kitchen sink! I did not get up, I plugged my ears, and my cousin Chad came in laughing! Then my dad came in, and I tried to stop him, but before I could he went over to the sink. (my dad has a weak stomach) He gagged and gagged, and I laughed, and gagged, and laughed some more. My poor dad actually had to clean it up. Then I swear, never again, my brother will eat beef. So where's the beef? Oh yeah, it's in the kitchen sink! LOL

I just had to share this story with you!

4 comments:

Candice said...

Oh my! That's just gross! I am not a big meat eater either, and I get grossed out SO easy! I HATE when my kids are at the table, and say, "So, where did this meat come from on the cow?" I have to leave the table. LOL!

Dianna said...

Haha, that story's hilarious! I'm jealous, I'd eat a steak for 500 dollars! I'm semi-picky, but not quite that bad. lol!

SumGreater said...

I've never had bison burger, but I've gotta ask...how is that worse than a cow? That bison is huge! At least it gives the illusion of being able to defend itself.

I like your new blog background.

Shawna said...

I have tried a bison burger and it's not that different from beef. Of course, I don't mind deer meat either. I am not an awfully picky eater, as you can tell by looking at me! LOL! Great story though.