BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

20090311

Jumping On A Trampoline Is Better Than Playing Video Games, Right?


We have been sick for a while and then the weather turns out really nice. My parent's gave us their trampoline because they moved into a town home after the fire. So, what do you think happens when the trampoline has been up less than a week? Well...I just turned the computer on , which was upstairs, and I heard Clark screaming bloody murder! It's was loud enough to hear through the walls and closed windows. So, then I knew it must have been serious.

Before I got downstairs, I could hear the complaint. His right ankle had already begun to swell to abnormal size. Jason said it's just a sprain. But judging from the way it looked and how he was acting, I was not sure about that. I needed to stay calm, and remember all the times I had to teach first aid to Scouts. So, I called my mom. She said take him to the hospital. So I said okay. Then Jason said "no", but in my mind, I was conflicted. So I talked to Shawna, and she had the sense to tell me to call the doctor. So I did, and they told me if he can move his toes and foot, he will be fine until the morning. Huh? That is not what Web MD says! So, I told myself, just calm down, he stopped screaming, and I should just go ahead, wait, and enjoy myself at the RS dinner I was going to. And that is what I did.

When I got there, Lori, who is a RN, told me that if it started to heal, they would have to rebreak it in the morning, if it was broke. That would be torture on the little guy. So I left the party to take him, and I am glad I did. Hours, later, Dr. Carter (Stake Pres. Carter) let us look at the films, and sure enough, there was a difference in both of his ankles. A gap between his growth plate, which is right at the knuckle of his ankle. OUCH! What can be done about that? I don't know. And not knowing is making me sick. We are still waiting for the radiologist report. S

So, what to do about the trampoline? The last time we owned one, was back in the spring of 2005. One night Sabrina broke her arm on the neighbors, trampoline! It was a buckle break, ( where bone over laps the bone) near her right wrist. It could be visably seen, but she didn't seem to cry about it much at all, until we went to he hospital and her sweet smile was wiped right off her face when they failed to numb her enough to reset it! She had a awesome hot pink cast, for the whole summer, and even into September because it was having a tough time healing. Right after this happened, it sat in our yard, childless, until we decided to give it away to some friends. At first, I wanted to burn it, but what good would that do? It's great excerise, even I can vouche for that. (because I secretly get on it at night) Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Candice said...

Wow! You DO have bad luck with trampolines, don't you? We have had one for about 8 years, and not a problem... *knocking on wood* I'm not sure I would be the best person to give advice. :) I'm sorry you've had to deal with this! I hope Clark is feeling better SOON! Hugs!

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

We were able to resist our kids' demands for a trampoline -- everyone I've ever known who has one has experienced a kid with a broken bone -- most of them have several kids with broken bones and kids with several broken bones.

But now the kids are grown and gone, maybe the exercise might be a good idea. How much were you thinking of asking for it? I might be able to offer a couple dozen dollars for it, but it's probably worth a lot more so I couldn't afford it. Plus, I have to ask Dubby, and she might say no. In fact she might say, "@#$%& NO!" or words to that effect.