BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

20090204

Over the Hills and Through The Snow!

Yesterday it finally snowed good enough to enjoy it! I have got my fill now, I am good. Today it's about 13 degrees, bitterly cold, and I see that mother nature is still playing tricks on us. In a few days, the snow will be gone, and it will be near 60 again. Thank goodness we got our flu shot! Anyways, it seemed everybody got a snow day but us. The kids had to wait until they got home to go sledding. And so we did. Is it terribly wrong to laugh when your kid gets ran over by a girl on a tube? Or is it wrong to give a good push to your husband, who is much to big to be on a tiny round sled, in Superman position, which causes him to almost go faster than a bullet? Is it wrong to trick your kid into going down on the hill where I know there is a big bump in the way that will cause them to fly off their sled? I am bad, very bad....

When we went sledding on a Mary Baldwin hill, I was remembering how ruthless I was with my younger siblings that I never gave them a reason to trust me, but they still did. In my earlier blogs, I talked about having to sled to school down one of two hills from my apartment complex. Buttbreaker or Killer Hill. (I did not name them, it was known to everyone) The Buttbreaker path was the quickest route to school, it was a wide path through the trees and it did not go straight down. It was loaded with stumps from trees that had been cut down but not pulled out. When it snowed, they were completely covered. It really hurt sometimes to go down it.

Next was Killer hill. It was very steep, next to impossible to walk up. It was like a 90 degree angle almost. The only way up was hanging onto the smaller trees on the side of it. One dark day, I took my sister and brother to go sledding. Many other kids had the same idea, along with some people on skis too. I always talked the kids into connecting sleds and going down together in a big mob. And it just so happened that later, I pushed my little brother Danny by himself in a huge long sled. He laid down in it, because he was so light, as fast as he went he crashed big time. Afterwards, he did not get up. He laid there. And I had to slide down on my pants. I knew something was wrong, and I had that feeling it was my fault. He was acting funny, and would not walk. So I let him lay in the sled while I dragged him up, pulling myself with one arm onto the trees. When I got up there I was mad we had to leave, but he was asleep in the sled, and I took him all the way home by myself leaving my sister. I let him lay in the sled when I had to walk up the three flights of stairs to get my mom. I still remember this guilt I was feeling. I shouldn't have laughed about it, when it happened. My mom ended up rushing down, worried, He did end up having a concussion. Not a good thing. Why is it that people put sledding videos on America's Funnest Home Videos? Why do we laugh at it? Why do I?

1 comments:

Candice said...

Ok, this post is useless without pictures! LOL! I can just see you pushing your family members down the hill. So, did you take your turn??