BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

20090226

I Am A Mutt!



I am a mutt... What I mean about that is, that I am a mixed breed of all sorts and in different ways. For one, I hate it when someone asks me where I am from, that isn't a easy question for me to answer. If you want where I was born, that's easier. Who are my ancestors? Well, that's tough and confusing too. I have Scottish, German, Irish, English, and Cherokee blood.

For the longest time, I didn't care about St. Paddy's day, because I have Scottish blood, and since I have always had a thing for Sean Connery, I thought sharing this small common thing, made me feel superior. (it's a funny thing, Sean portrayed a Irishman in a movie I loved him in, Doobie O'Gill and the Little People) But in time, I found out through genealogy, the Irish snuck into my family tree.

On my mom's side, her parent's were Irish, Scottish and German. On my dad's side, it was English and Indian. The heritage I have always felt closer to is, of course that of the Cherokee blood. Hence, my dark brown eyes and brown hair. It's the most blood that I contain,(I think) because my great grandma was full Cherokee. My grandma, Genny, was half. So she always use to tell me that I had her eyes, and I use to tan quite easily. Why I don't now is a mystery. So that's it, not much tell, I am a mutt, and so are my kids. What about you?

0 comments: