BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

20090209

The Sweet Hearts Dance, the night I fell in love...

The Photo above is Not me...

When I moved to Utah from Alaska in November, I had left a boyfriend behind, promising to come back and be loyal to him while I was away. Ha! Of course that was too much to ask of me, I was only 17! Moving to Utah for only my junior year, seemed hard on a kid, but I did it, and quickly made new friends. I was loyal to my guy for about three months, the first week I was there, I was asked out to go to a Jazz game. But I had no idea what the Jazz was, and I said no.( I wish I had gone now) When I met my friend Shannon, I became part of a small pack of LDS kids, gone awry. She was in love with a boy, who happened to be related to Jason. At this point, I did not meet him. Because of Brian's strict parent's, they did not approve of her going out with him. So she had this idea that I would pretend to be his date, meet his parent's and then we would switch at the movies. The only thing was, her date, was his best friend, and he was not my type!

For one thing, I did not like to date guys my height or close to it. And that he was. He was nice, but he liked me more than I liked him, let's just say. Shannon thought our scheme was such a success, that she wanted to do it again. I went along with it reluctantly. Then things got unbearable, so I asked Shannon to find me another date, for the upcoming Sweethearts dance. So one day, about two weeks before, we were sitting in the commons area, Shannon told me about Bear. That is Jason, in high school, it was his nickname, people knew him by. I thought Bear? Oh brother...Then I saw him, Shannon told me he was as cute as Brian, tall with dark curly hair, but he wasn't. I admittedly said no way! Bear was wearing huge tinted glasses, the tightest pants I ever saw on a guy, and a deer on his sweater. I decided then that I would go with Aaron instead, so I did.

Before the dance, we went to a fancy restaurant all decked out. Aaron knew at this point that I was not into him, and he tried to make me jealous by paying special attention to Jason's date, Jenny. There were eight of us in total, sitting in the candle light. Jason and Jenny sat at our end. Aaron was not really talking to me, nor I to him. It was then, I noticed him, when he spoke to me and acted like such a gentleman. He wore contacts, a red bow tie, black slacks, with red suspenders. I thought he was so cute! He had good teeth, which was a plus and a must. I was smitten. And when we got to the dance, I told Shannon, we had to get rid of this Jenny girl. She agreed, and from then on, it was on to hatching more schemes, all in the name of love.

To Be Continued....

1 comments:

Dianna said...

This is such a cute story! :P

I can't wait to hear these schemes... I'm taking notes...