BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

20090110

Y.M.C.A.

We have the Y nearby and it's natural that we would want to go there to try to get ourselves healthier. It's cheaper compared to gold's gym and others, but because of that, we have to deal with things like poop in the men's swimsuit dryer for a week, the rest homes unloading people there for most of the day, towels that have yellow stains, and so on. We put up with it, because we desire to be healthier. (and it's a easy way to get our whole family showers at once!)

I remember when we first moved here, we got a pass. That spring, people were using the pool often to prepare for the Special Olympics. Michelle G. was working there as a life guard, and two times in a row, I am the one to discover poop in the pool! I learned not to step on a brown particle in the pool, it might smear! This problem, added with the rumors of gay men having a meet and greet in the locker room made us quit going.

This summer, we decided to go back since we moved so close. Surely those problems were gone. I am very cautious about things floating in the water, and I try to avoid old men who will sit in the hot tub for hours looking to start up a conversation. (Ulgh, no offense to anyone who is old that reads this, I consider any one old that is 35 +) I am no catch and I am not pretty in a swimsuit, but they always talk to me unless Jason and the kids are with me. Then the boys have complained that naked men walk around the locker room, even though there is a sign posted against it. The latest problem happened on Saturday, when we went. Clark discovered poop in the swimsuit dryer after a older man used it. The boys did not tell me about it until that night and they did not tell the staff. They figured that someone else would. Then we went there on Monday night before closing. Same thing! I told the life guard and she said it would be taken care of. BUT it was not. We went again on Tuesday night, THE SAME THING was there, and we told a friend who works there. (judging from the guy's reaction, I think he didn't want to deal with it) So do you think it was gone after that? Well...we went yesterday,(Friday) and Jason says there are tiny particles left. Gross.... I think every time I hear that song, I will think of that, whether I want to or not.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You just helped me make my decision to not join again- BLAH!

Candice said...

Oh, I'm sorry! That's just gross! The old men in the hot tub probably think you look like a nice person! (they are right!) Probably just lonely. ;)

The club where we go, has separate hot tubs in the locker rooms. Which is nice... unless I want to sit and talk with Ray. But, sometimes it's nice to just sit and think by myself.

Nicole said...

I was thinking of cancelling ours since we have no time to go. This sure helped with the decision. I don't know why they cannot keep the place up. My younger girls don't understand why the ladies have to walk around naked. I guess some people don't have the modesty gene in them. It just is not approproate when you have young children around to do that.