BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

20081227

I Am Hauling Out The Holly!

It is just a perfect day to put things away, nice, sunny, and warm. I am letting my tree stay a day longer than it should, because I am focusing on outdoor stuff first. I already changed my profile, as you can see, I just couldn't wait. It's my New Year background. I love changing things, I wish I could get some snow before spring, but I am ready for a clean, simple house again.

When the holiday season is over, I begin my spring cleaning early. (I have to do it when I get the motivation) My dream is to have everything labeled, and put in a proper storage box. (no cardboard allowed) I want to get rid of my junk, and I have plan to get rid of anything I haven't touched in a year's time or more. A few things could stay, that are momentos, but really, I have to get real, some things are ridiculous to keep. Like clothes that don't fit, but wish that someday they could...Extra pots and pans, when really, I only have one favorite that I ever use...Toys, especially happy meal toys! And of course, anything I hang on to because I got a good deal on it, it half works, or because I had it when I was a kid. The truth is, and what I keep on telling myself, is...that somebody else could use it now, and would be thrilled to have it. So why not just give it up? That is what I tell myself, every year or every move. I don't need five totes full of Christmas stuff, so that is my goal, to downgrade it substantially. You should try it! It is like my own personal anti-depression , self-cleansing, refreshing thing that I do, to keep me happy and sane.

2 comments:

SumGreater said...

Way to go! I love cleaning out the clutter...so liberating.

What's up with your parents? Are they okay? Maybe you could post a list of things they need after the fire.

Shawna said...

I have to be motivated to clean the clutter, but when I do, you better watch out. I go crazy! I cleaned up clutter today, thought it would be a great way to start the new year!