BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

20081210

Candy Canes and Canker Sores

Candy Canes and Canker Sores, don't mix! It seems like it's the season to be fat and jolly, it starts in October and ends with a all out party on the last night of the year! Why, oh why, do we fall into this trap? Goodies and more goodies every where and every day, all in the name of a holiday. You know cankers feel, Clark gets them very often. I caught him sneaking dry juice mix and eating it! The packets are sugar free and is supposed to make up a gallon of juice, but he has been eating it like his own private Pixie Stick!

* warning, may contain gross content*

We all went to the dentist this fall and I am the one who ended up with six cavities! Oh brother! I had to go, because when I ate something chocolate, I began to feel pain. I went on Friday and it took them a hour to do one tooth! It took so long mainly because it was really deep and I couldn't get numb enough. I won't go into details but one I have to admit I was nervous, I was even shaking. Before we started, he asked me about about the tumor I had in my mouth that I had removed years ago. I think that was as close as I will ever get to real torture! I had surgery to pull down a tooth out of my pallet and was awake for it, but nothing can compare to what I had to endure! In as little details as possible, it was in my bottom jaw and it grew so big it covered my bottom teeth! I was awake for everything, and the smell of burning flesh will never leave my mind. The surgeon warned me that if it grew back for a third time, I might lose a portion of my jaw and teeth! I was super scared. After the second surgery, I looked in the mirror and saw what looked like a horror movie, my jaw bone surrounded by burnt flesh! (I will not describe what the tumor looked like after they removed it.)

My dentist on Friday brought back some of that fear, after he begun drilling the first time and I was not numb enough! I could not help but have tears roll down my eyes. Then he gave me all he could, he said, and I still felt it sorta. But for hours later, I could not talk right or eat. I survived and I think this is a lesson to be learned, for my kids, that need to lay off the candy. I haven't bought any Christmas candy for their stockings, and I might not.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hate the Dentist- not the person per se because I have a lot of friends who are dentists, but the whole going to the dentist thing. I've had so much oral surgery in my lifetime I can ALMOST relate to your surgery! Sorry about your bad experience!

Anonymous said...

OUCH! I absolutely HATE going to the dentist! I can't think of much that is worse! :) I hope your mouth is feeling better!
Candice