BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

20080911

RockStar!

When I was young, I dreamt of becoming a rock 'n roll singer! It finally came true! I am a hot, skinny, rock chic with bright pink hair, and the best thing is, I can play the guitar and I have a my own band. Didn't you know about my secret life?
My secret life is real, with the help of my brother's X-Box 360, I look totally rad, and I can jam with the band! It is fun, but sometimes a little challenging, but Jason, Danny, Jennifer, and I aren't afraid to make a fool out of our selves and sing until we have no voice left! My brother really isn't a bad singer, I have to admit, I thought I was the only one with that talent in our family.
People wouldn't know it now, but I use to have a loud, beautiful voice...I have lost it, and I have to admit, I am not always on tune as I once was. When I lived in Fairbanks, at age 11, I tried out for the Fairbanks children's choir and got my first sense of what it was like to be in a real choir, singing with real music. Not the elementary stuff, that kids sing at that age. I loved it, and I got a minor role in a production of the Velveteen Rabbit, that year. When I moved to Ohio, I joined the Marietta children's theatre, and they were doing the Velveteen Rabbit too! So then, I got the part of the real rabbit, and had a solo. I was so pleased, not afraid to try anything. Then people had me sing at church, I sang the song, "I believe in Christ", which has special meaning to me. The branch would request me to sing for baptisms and even a funerals. I felt special, like a star! I even got braver when I moved to Juneau, my mom got me a vocal teacher, who had a lot of confidence in me, enough so, that he made me sing in the mall. Do you know how embarrassing it is to sing in the mall for no reason, when people walk buy? Maybe he thought I would bring new clients into his music shop. He got me a few jobs at local churches, where I was payed to sing, I was paid only $15 dollars, and I still have that first check, that I didn't cash. His teaching ended, when he moved to Russia after a year. But I was so busy anyways, I was in concert choir and Jazz choir, tried out for state choir, and I was in every musical production the school put on. Which is a whole other story, I wasn't the best actress, and I will blog about that, another time.
When I moved to Utah, I did well, had wonderful experiences singing in three choirs there, but then I had my accident and I moved my senior year, to Wyoming. When I got to Evanston, the choir was so lame! It was like 6th grade choir stuff all over! So I quit, after I had a argument with the teacher about the songs he chose. Since then, every once in a while, I would get brave enough to sing, but now, my voice is as if it was never trained at all, what happened to it? I used to be louder than everyone else, loud enough to sing on stage without a mic, and over power anyone near me. I know now, when the Lord gives you a talent, don't waste it!
Going back to my dreams, I wanted to be a rock star, and I also wanted to sing in the Tabernacle Choir, that kind of came true. In Utah, I got to sing with the choir, in the Tablenacle at Christmas time, that was real special. I just wish I had it on tape. As for now, I can pretend to be a awesome rock star, with a hot bod, when I visit my brother, and when I am driving in the car. Rock On!

2 comments:

Shawna said...

I think you can still sing. I know that my voice has changed since I have had kids. I used to be able to hit a few of the high notes, not anymore. lol.

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

A rock star? A ROCK star? But their music doesn't have french horns in it. What's music without french horns? People don't know it generally, but in my earlier days, I was a lounge singer on a cruise ship. The life of the entertainer is sorely overrated, even at my lowly level.