BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

20090528

Tick Tock!


On our Memorial day, we went swimming, had a barbecue, and settled down to watch a family movie. Half way through the movie, Sabrina discovers something under her armpit, that made her itch. In the darkness, I saw something, and I sent her straight to Jason to check it out in the light. Guess what is was!

Yes, it was a tick! I guess that is what we get for going to the lake. It was not filled with blood yet, but it sure did have it's head buried in. Poor girl would not hold still, and we called a nurse's line for help. They said it had to come out no matter what! And now it's body and parts are in the freezer. Oh joy! But not really...Because we have to wait for a few weeks to see if she comes down kind of disease.

Ticks totally freak me out! I have had one or two before, and if they weren't potentially dangerous, I would not fret as much. Am I making your skin itch with all this tick talk? I am...Ever since this has happened, I have been on tick alert! I am now starting to second guess my lake pass, and the plans to spend a bunch of time hanging out there. I am also worried about ticks ruining my girl's camp experience in July. I will be out there, as a counselor, and the girl's are going to look up to me for help, and possibly tick removal. Yikes! That is not my thing...but I will suck it up, and do what I have to. In the mean time, I am preparing for my trip.( I am buying a mosquito net for bed space) Also, I am waiting and praying that Sabrina will not get sick from this experience.

3 comments:

Candice said...

Ew! I hate ticks too! I haven't ever had one in my skin, but Ray has had a couple. He's never gotten sick though. I hope Sabrina won't get sick either!

Shawna said...

I hate ticks too! I might
re-consider our lake pass. I haven't bought it yet, but might not now.

dubby said...

You will have a nurse at camp for tick removal. I never saw one the four years I did girls camp if that helps. But I hate them too and have removed many with different methods: burn a match, blow it out and hold it against the body so the heat will kill it -- or paint it with nail polish so it has to pull itself out -- or cover it in alcohol to make it come out. It's really bad when they are big.